Daniel Folmar, P.E., S.E., Principal
- 101 W. Benson Blvd, Suite 306, Anchorage, AK 99503
AT A GLANCE
Ranked #129 Forbes Best Places for Business and Careers
Metro Population: 399,900
Major Industries: Energy, Transportation, Tourism
Median Household Income: $80,383
Median Home Price: $264,300
Job Growth (2014): .5%
Cost of Living: 10.3% above national average
Cost of Doing Business: #138
Job Growth: #86
- State Nickname: “The Last Frontier”
- State Motto: “North to the Future”
- 17 of the highest 20 peaks in the U.S. are in Alaska
- Anchorage has more espresso stands, per capita, than anywhere in the U.S.
- Shortest winter days have 5 hours, 28 minutes of daylight
- During the summer some places have sunlight 24 hours a day
Those with an adventurous spirit are drawn to Alaska for work and play. Alaska has an amazing blend of culture, history, and nature in a unique environment. You can enjoy an urban life-style and within a short drive you can be submerged in nature.
Generally known for its extreme winter weather, Alaskans enjoy beautiful temperatures during the spring and summer months. The winters are not as bad as people think…according to Alaska.net, “Anchorage has a warmer climate than other cold-weather cities like Chicago and Minneapolis because it’s located on the ocean. Alaskan summers provide for long days. During the weeks leading up to late June’s summer solstice, the sun is above the horizon anywhere from 18 to 21 hours depending on the part of the state. It’s not unusual to hike and fish at 10 p.m.”
WHAT SSE EMPLOYEES SAY ABOUT ANCHORAGE
Why do you love living and working in Alaska?
Photo Credits (from top to bottom): Visit Anchorage – Photographers Frank Flavin, Roy Neese, Cathryn Posey, Roy Neese; Zaqueo Salazar, EIT, Schneider Structural Engineers