Cary, North Carloina
William Dzurick, P.E., CEO
- 201 Shannon Oaks Circle, Ste #200, Cary, NC 27511
AT A GLANCE
Ranked #3 Forbes Best Places for Business and Careers
Metro Population: 1,227,000
Major Industries: Technology, Healthcare, Education
Median Household Income: $64,214
Median Home Price: $245,900
Job Growth (2015): 3.8%
Cost of Living: 0.5% below national average
Cost of Doing Business: #25
Job Growth: #18
- State Nickname: City of Oaks
- State Motto: Esse quam videri – To be, rather than to seem
- In 1903 the Wright Brothers made the first successful powered flight by man at Kill Devil Hill near Kitty Hawk, NC. The Wright Memorial at Kitty Hawk commemorates their achievement.
- Havelock, NC is home of Marine Base “Cherry Point.” It is the largest air base in the Marine Corps.
- The World War II battleship ‘North Carolina’ is permanently berthed on the Cape Fear River at Wilmington. She was saved from the scrap heap in the 1960’s by public subscription, including donations of dimes by schoolchildren.
Photo Credits (from top to bottom):