Nick McLain, P.E., Principal
- 5111 N. Scottsdale Rd., Suite 206, Scottsdale, AZ 85250
AT A GLANCE
Metro Population: 227,471
Major Industries: Tourism and Technology
Median Household Income: $73,288
Median Home Price: $427,600
Job Growth (2016): 1.5%
Cost of Living: 24% above national average
- Frank Lloyd Wright had a home in Scottsdale called Taliesin West.
- Scottsdale only gets about 7 inches of rain a year
- The city holds the record for the largest number of destination spas per capita in the entire nation
- Before 1884, Scottsdale was known as “Orangedale”
- The city’s official food was named chili in 1994
- Scottsdale is named among the top cities in the country in which to raise children
This city in the middle of the lush Sonoran Desert is said to be the perfect blend of all lifestyles. Those who prefer to live in a more urban or suburban area will both be accommodated. Singles, families, and retirees of all ages flock to Scottsdale to find their perfect western paradise.
Scottsdale provides residents with plenty of activities. There are over 50 golf courses, 58 miles of bike paths, and 40-plus miles of shared hiking, riding, and horse trails. The city also has plenty of art galleries to visit, places to shop, and even an annual western parade called the “Parada Del Sol” held in the heart of old town Scottsdale.