A Career in Engineering
Are you looking for an opportunity to move your career forward with an established industry leader? Join our team at Schneider Structural Engineers! We provide structural engineering services for a variety of project types nationwide, with an emphasis on buildings and other vertical construction. SSE develops individuals according to their strengths. We offer a progressive culture with great people and opportunities to learn and advance your career, along with competitive benefits and salaries. We have offices in Arizona, Alaska, and North Carolina.
- 10 days of PTO plus sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Flexible hours
- Training programs
- Competitive healthcare and 401k package
- Challenging assignments
- Career advancement opportunities
Senior Engineer – Full time position for our Tucson and/or Scottsdale, Arizona offices; Anchorage, Alaska; and Cary, North Carolina. We are open to placement in any of our offices.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Senior engineer with four+ years of professional structural engineering experience.
- Professional registration required.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in composite steel design, dynamic analysis, ETABS, seismic retrofit, multi-story wood, mid-rise, high-rise up to 30 stories, and familiarity with ASCE 31 and ASCE 41.
Structural Revit/CAD Designer – Full-time for any of our offices in Tucson and Scottsdale, Arizona; Anchorage, Alaska; and Cary, North Carolina. This is an advanced structural drafter/designer position. Under supervision by engineers or project managers, the individual creates structural construction drawings, working from a combination of engineer-generated redlines and self-generated design. The individual develops and coordinates the structural design with other disciplines, working from background drawings/models and performing clash detections. When performing in the designer role, the individual may develop the nearly complete set of structural construction drawings, which serve as the basis for the engineers, calculations and final redlines. The individual may delegate basic tasks, oversee the work of other drafters, and train junior staff. The individual may perform non-drafting tasks such as construction administration tasks (e.g. shop drawing and submittal review), limited as-built surveys of existing buildings, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum three to five years experience with Revit and AutoCAD.
- Personal references that can validate drafting and modeling experience.
- Must demonstrate methodical thinking, attention to detail and a high degree of organizational abilities.
- Ability to work cohesively with other team members, sometimes with limited supervision.
- Ability and willingness to work in a potentially stressful environment regarding deadlines.
- Availability during typical office hours, 8 a.m to 5 p.m.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and an application form at the email below.